The CreakyJoints research team is proud to announce we’ve hit an important milestone: Our ArthritisPower community has donated over 50,000 patient reported outcomes to research!
Thank you to the 9,000+ ArthritisPower users for equipping our research team with valuable data, so they can better understand arthritis and how to treat it.
What are patient reported outcomes?
A patient reported outcome (PRO) is health information that comes directly from the patient. It is different from traditional health data because it’s you that reports how you’re doing, without interpretation by a doctor or nurse.
Why do PROs matter?
PROs are becoming increasingly popular to evaluate how patients are doing. Use ArthritisPower to send a report of your PROs to your doctor. Together, you and your doctor can see if your health is getting better or worse and determine if your treatment plan needs to be adjusted.
When thousands of arthritis patients share PROs with researchers, the more data they have to better understand arthritis and how to treat it. Use the ArthritisPower app and automatically donate your PROs to research.
Examples of PROs that can be tracked with the ArthritisPower app
- Pain interference: Track how much pain interferes with your social activities, as well as cognitive, emotional, physical, and recreational activities.
- Sleep disturbance: Log your sleep quality, sleep depth, and restoration associated with sleep.
- Fatigue: Record your level of fatigue, from mild subjective feelings of tiredness to an overwhelming, debilitating, and sustained sense of exhaustion.
- Depression: Track negative mood (sadness, guilt), views of self (self- criticism, worthlessness), and social cognition (loneliness, interpersonal alienation).
- General health for RA (RAPID3): RAPID3 is a common measurement tool among rheumatologists to assess patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Use RAPID3 to track your physical function, pain, and overall well-being.
In the ArthritisPower app, choose what PROs matter to you and begin tracking them today. Go to Me > Choose What To Track > Click Add A New Assessment to select what PROs you’d like to track.
Created by CreakyJoints in collaboration with the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), ArthritisPower is the first ever patient-led, patient-centered research registry for joint, bone, and inflammatory skin conditions.
The free ArthritisPower mobile and desktop application allows patients to track and share their symptoms and treatments while simultaneously participating in research via informed consent. ArthritisPower Patient Governors serve as gatekeepers for researchers seeking to access registry data or solicit the community to participate in unique, voluntary studies. To learn more and join ArthritisPower, visit www.ArthritisPower.org.