Join us April 29th, 2020 from 2PM – 3PM EDT
CreakyJoints and the Global Healthy Living Foundation are excited to announce a virtual briefing with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), John Hopkins Medicine, U.C. Davis Health, and organizations representing the chronic disease community on COVID-19.
Learn from experts about why the COVID-19 virus can put people with chronic conditions/diseases at higher risk for complications. Our experts will be able to answer many of your questions about the pandemic and how to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Georgina Peacock, MD, MPH, FAAP
Director, Division of Human Development and Disability, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
William Bommer, MD, FACP, FACC
American College of Cardiology, CA Chapter; Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine and Director, Noninvasive Services,
UC Davis Health
Vikram Tejwani, MD
Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellow, Johns Hopkins Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine
Some of the topics to be covered include:
- What makes an individual high risk for coronavirus complications?
- Why are people with certain chronic conditions more severely affected than others?
- What are some of the things people living with chronic conditions can do to protect themselves against this virus?
- What are some of the treatment options for people living with chronic conditions?
- What to do and be aware of if a high-risk individual contracts the virus
- What it means to safely resume everyday routines once “stay at home” orders begin to lift
- The status of testing for COVID-19 infection and antibody testing
Submit Your Questions
Submit any questions you would like answered by using the form on the registration page or by emailing them to: email@example.com. We will try our best to answer all your questions.
Get Notified About More Opportunities Like This
To hear about other important webinars, research opportunities, and resources around COVID-19, join the COVID-19 Pandemic Support Program for People Living with Chronic Illness from CreakyJoints and Global Healthy Living Foundation. Our goal is to help people who are at a higher risk for coronavirus complications by providing updates with the latest news and advice to stay healthy during this pandemic.