FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Award Program Recognizes Leadership Contributions That Define Living Better with Chronic Disease
UPPER NYACK, NY (October 12, 2022) – On World Arthritis Day, the Global Healthy Living Foundation (GHLF), an international, patient-centered, nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for people with chronic illness, launches the “Guiding Lights: Beacons for Better Health” program, announcing the first class of healthcare providers and patient advocates who through their daily activities and efforts are helping define a way forward for the global chronic disease community while showing them they are not alone.
“We’ve defined Beacons as patients, caregivers, doctors or providers who are shining lights to lead other chronic disease patients toward a better trajectory for their own overall wellness while helping steer them clear of possible obstacles,” said Seth Ginsberg, president and co-founder, GHLF. “All around the world, we find Beacons who are setting a positive example for the chronic disease community. We thank these individuals for guiding us through the darkness – those times when we face the “unknowns” about what to expect from our condition – and encouraging us through education, research, support, and story sharing towards a better lit path.”
The chronic disease community can learn more about the Beacons at INSERT WEBSITE LINK, where there is a video highlighting the Beacons, educational articles, and a new podcast mini-series that includes the Beacons offering their perspectives and advice.
The 2022 Guiding Lights: Beacons for Better Health are:
- Carlo V Caballero-Uribe, MD, PhD, past President of Panamerican League of Associations of Rheumatology, (PANLAR), Barranquilla, Colombia
- Sarah Doaty, MD, FACP, Rheumatologist at Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, Washington, USA
- Michael C. Schweitz, MD, a volunteer rheumatologist with the John Whelton Arthur Virshup CreakyJoints South Florida Arthritis Clinics, past President of the Coalition of State Rheumatology Organizations (CSRO), and past President of the Florida Society of Rheumatology, Florida, USA
- Grace Wright, MD, PhD, FACR, President and Founder, Association of Women in Rheumatology, New York, USA
- Rosemary Ainley, a patient-advocate living with rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and fibromyalgia, Victoria, Australia
- Michael Kuluva, a patient-advocate living with rheumatoid arthritis, Ontario, Canada
- Cristina Montoya, RD, a patient-advocate living with Sjogren’s syndrome and arthritis, Ontario, Canada
- Judy Nagy, patient-advocate living with rheumatoid arthritis, Ohio, USA
- Ana Vieira, a patient-advocate living with Sjogren’s syndrome, Marinha Granda, Portugal
Visit Guiding Lights: Beacons for Better Health at https://ghlf.org/beacons-for-better-health/
This program is made possible through support from Horizon Therapeutics.
About Global Healthy Living Foundation
The Global Healthy Living Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for people with chronic illnesses (such as arthritis, osteoporosis, migraine, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, and cardiovascular disease) by advocating for improved access to health care at the community, state, and federal levels, and amplifying education and awareness efforts within its social media framework. GHLF is also a staunch advocate for vaccines. The Global Healthy Living Foundation is the parent organization of CreakyJoints®, the international digital community for millions of arthritis patients and caregivers worldwide who seek education, support, activism, and patient-centered research in English and Spanish through our ArthritisPower® (ArthritisPower.org) Research Registry. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, GHLF started a Patient Support Program, informed by a patient council made up of people living with a wide range of chronic illnesses, that now serves more than 46,000 subscribers. Via CreakyJoints, GHLF also hosts PainSpot (PainSpot.org), a digital risk-assessment tool for musculoskeletal conditions and injuries, eRheum (eRheum.org), for telehealth and virtual-care support, and a constantly refreshed library of podcasts via the GHLF Podcast Network. Visit ghlf.org for more information.
Find us online:
Global Healthy Living Foundation: ghlf.org
CreakyJoints Canada: CreakyJoints.ca
CreakyJoints Español: CreakyJoints.org.es
CreakyJoints Australia: CreakyJoints.org.au
Facebook: facebook.com/CreakyJoints & facebook.com/GlobalHealthyLivingFoundation
Global Healthy Living Foundation Podcast Network: https://ghlf.org/patient-education/listen/